Completed my first Tough Mudder this past weekend and, despite how cold it was, am completely hooked. I'm pretty biased, but all four of us completely KILLED it! Shoutout to my team for letting me be one of the boys for the day and to my fam (specifically my dad on his birthday) for cheering us on and snapping all of these awesome pics!
The last of the Wescott grandkids to take that strut across the graduation stage AND the end of a decade long era of fam members at THE James Madison University. Congratulations to my little sis for all of her hard work! YOU DID IT!
My cousin, Ginny, and her hubby, Tim, came to town for a visit last weekend. So, obviously, my parents took that as an opportunity to strap on their tourist boots and show them as many things "Philly" as possible. To say we're all in love with this city is an understatement.
PS - Next time you're looking for a killer cheesesteak spot, head over to John's Roast Pork in South Philly. I switched things up and got the roast pork with sharp provolone and spinach. Be sure to add some hot sauce, too!
It's officially been one year since I was offered my first "big girl" job! And, since I'm the most anally organized person known to man, I've been able to look back on just where all of the money I've earned has gone. Haha, but seriously, I've done some pretty awesome things and been to some pretty spectacular places in a year. AND, I was able to save a boat load thanks to my roomies who haven't kicked me out just yet.
Ok, here goes. In one year, I've been to...
- Seattle to visit my best friend from high school
- JMU FOUR times. Once to see one of my best friends from college graduate, once for Homecoming, and twice to visit my sister!
- White water rafting in West Virginia to celebrate one of my college friend's birthday
- D.C. FOUR times to visit college friends
- Elizabethtown, PA for a wedding
- The Jersey Shore THREE times
- Dover, DE for Firefly
- NYC TWICE. Once to see Jimmy Fallon and once for a conference in which I was a panel speaker!
- Bermuda for a family vaca
- Maryland to see my college roomies
- Frisco, TX to see the Dukes win the national championship!
- Road tripped from LA down to San Diego, CA
- Park City, UT for a family ski trip
- Charlottesville for a college reunion
I added it up, and throughout the past year, I've spent 22 weekends traveling...TWENTY-TWO!!
AND, in between all of that, I bought a month's worth of Phillies season tickets, went to a few concerts, got a pup, trained for and ran a half marathon, been to about a dozen Flyers games, and, yes, I also work full-time.
No wonder I'm so damn tired!
I was a panel speaker at my very first work conference, so I guess that officially makes me a "real" business woman. Putting real in quotation marks because honestly, most times I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. If I've learned anything since graduation, it's that confidence is key. Be unique, trust your gut, pretend to know what you're talking about, and you're guaranteed to knock people's socks off.
But in all seriousness, I felt like a total boss lady for the three days I was in NYC. And, I totally pretended I was living the lifestyle of the rich and famous while staying in this sweet hotel. I even went to a Knicks game by myself because why the heck not?